A Little Bird's Boots Purchases

Monday 24th March 2014



So as we all know as beauty lovers it's pretty much impossible to walk past Boots when they have their huge 3 for 2 on. Today I want to show with you the products I picked up and my first impressions of them...



First up is the Revlon Colourburst Laquer Balm in 105 Demure (£7.99). On swatching this in the shop I thought it looked like a beautiful everyday shade as I'm much more into muted pinks than a really colourless nude. The formulation is also really creamy and looked like it would be lovely and moisturising on the lips. I noticed that Revlon had also released a matte version of these Colourburst Balm's and although the colours were lovely I thought I'd probably be better going for the creamy version as I sometimes get quite dry lips and hate the way matte lipsticks fade and go patchy on the lips. However, I must say on first application I'm not overly impressed with this, I was indeed really happy with the colour, a really creamy pink nude not dissimilar to MAC's beloved 'Hue' but my problem lies with the way it faded on my lips. There seemed to be a slight bleed and I found that the colour quickly disappeared leaving a nothing but some chunks of glitter behind. Having said that, I'll be giving it another go and I won't be tossing this to the back of the draw just yet as I really do love the colour and the lovely refreshing minty scent it gives off.

Next up is Bourjois Volume Clubbing Black mascara (£7.99). So I'm one of those people obsessed with mascara's and yet to find my ultimate holy grail product. For a while it was the well hyped Benefit They're Real but I got so sick of having to fork out the £18.50 every month when it dried up! After trying this Bourjois one I have to say I'm still searching. To me it did nothing special, it has a nice chunky brush and a lovely black formula but it just didn't give me much excitement, no WOW factor. I do have naturally very long lashes so maybe I'm just picky but I really do want the perfect 'false lash effect' as I know I've achieved it in the past, if only I could remember with which mascara!

The last makeup product I picked up was the Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation in 150 Nude (£8.99). When this foundation first came out last year it was so highly hyped so of course I picked it up and typically I just didn't get it! It did nothing for me and I quickly chucked it to the back of the draw, until now. On a whim I pulled it out the other day and decided to give it another go, I was honestly amazed. I really liked it, I barely had to use any, just topped up any red areas with a concealer and it looked so lovely and natural. The colour I have is 120 Vanilla, pretty much perfect for my pale complexion at the moment but I thought while the offer was on I may as well pick up a slightly darker colour in anticipation for the coming Spring/Summer months.

Finally an extra product I grabbed while in Boots is the Garnier Micellar Water. I've been using Bioderma for a couple of years to remove my makeup before cleansing and when L'Oreal came out with their own Micellar water a while back I of course had to give that a go. So when Garnier hit the shelves with their version I knew I was going to pick that one up next and I must say I really do like it. I think its much closer to Bioderma than L'Oreal's and much less drying, it really does just feel like water on your skin and at only £3.33 in Boots can you really go wrong?





4 comments:

  1. I've heard so much hype about the Garnier Micellar Water, looking forward to picking some up for myself!

    http://www.ruebri.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great! I much prefer it to the l'oreal one and its much better value! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like your blog so i have nominated you for the Liebster award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Read so many reviews on the Micellar makeup remover recently! May have to purchase some for myself to see what the hype is all about, it better be worth it! <3 xx

    nessiehere.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete