A Little Bird's Bakery #1

Monday 17th March 2014





So as promised I'll be including a few baking posts here and there.  Just a quick one today as I wanted to share with you some of the cupcakes I made over the weekend

Firstly are some cakes I was asked to do for the new MINI hatch launch event this weekend at work. My boss is really supportive of my love of baking and so often commission's me to make cupcakes for any events we may be hosting. I really love doing it and it's great to see so many people enjoying my cakes as usually it's just my flatmates or family that I get to bake for. I kept things pretty simple as I needed to do something relevant to the launch. I made little flags to for each cupcake, choosing to use the official launch colours of black and yellow for some, while opting for the classic union jack for the rest.

The second baking session I had was for one of my best friends birthday. I wanted to surprise her with something which was bright and with a Spring feel. Originally I wanted to do piped icing daffodils but unfortunately it didn't work out as I had the wrong piping nozzle! After a bit of a panic knowing I had to quickly knock something else up before she got home I made some white fondant roses to go with the yellow buttercream I had already coloured. This was the result and I think the yellow and white actually work quite well together despite it not being a combination I would normally think of. I added the little flags for a personal touch and they went down a treat!

Did you do any baking this weekend?



2 comments: