A Little Bird's Shoeholics Obsession

Wednesday 12th March 2014































The majority of my shoe collection have been picked up from various Carvela and Kurt Geiger sales. When I heard about the launch of shoeaholics.com last year I was straight online having a little browse and have since made a few purchases. Today I'm going to share with you my latest buys. 

Incase you haven't heard Shoeaholics is a website powered by Kurt Geiger where you get up to 90% discount on brands such as KG, Miss KG, Carvela, Nine West and many more. Many of their originally quite pricey shoes can be found for under £50 and best of all they have a huge £19 or less section (this is where I normally browse first!). Some of the shoes are discounted due to them being last season or sometimes they are even ex display, but at these prices can you really grumble? While some of the shoes are on the site for obvious reasons, if you have a good browse and an idea of what you're looking for, you can normally find something that interests you. Just a little tip - check out their ebay page before purchasing, as postage there is £3 as opposed to £5 on their website. This leads me on nicely as to why I bought three pairs! I'm a hater of having to pay postage and I knew I would want to purchase all three eventually but didn't want to spend a total of £15 just on having them delivered. So I bit the bullet and bought them all at once! 

Here's what I got…

1.

First up are these lovely 'Hannah' flats by Carvela. They were originally priced at £49 but I bought them on Shoeaholics for a much more reasonable £19. I'm not one to spend much on pumps as I find they often get ruined quickly, my usual pairs are bought from Primark or H&M. However, the quality of these are beautiful and they feel much more sturdy compared to some of my cheaper pairs. These were the purchase that originally drew me onto the website the other day as since we're coming into Spring I thought it was maybe time to put away the boots and go for something more weather suitable. Often I actually transition straight from boots to sandals a bit later on in the year, as like I said I seem to find pumps get quite scruffy quickly and I end up returning to my much loved boots. That being said, I am hopeful that these beauts will see me through Spring while adding a touch of elegance to my daily outfits.

   2.


I've nicknamed these ones the 'sensible black heel' but their official name is 'Claire' by Miss KG (£29), originally £65. I've had my eye on these ones for a while, I actually nearly purchased them from a Kurt Geiger shop just after Christmas, but ended up putting them back due to a small mark on the only pair left in store. When browsing online I saw these were advertised as 'ex display' so there was obviously a risk that they may arrive marked again but luckily they are spotless.

 I've been searching for the perfect 'comfortable' black heels for ages and I really do think I've found them. Now I'm comfortably into my twenties I'm slowly moving away from the huge platformed stilettos I once managed to dance the night away in and now on my rare night out I lust after comfort over style, luckily for me these have both! The ankle strap is removable which I think I'll find very handy, as being my petite self I often find a strapless court helps to elongate my legs.

  3.


This final pair by Nine West and are named 'Voodoo', originally £95, now £19, thats a whopping 80% discount! I actually purchased these last year when they were on sale for £39 but ended up taking them back as I decided they were still a bit pricey for me. I guarantee these will be my everyday sandals through the summer. I have a very similar pair which I actually bought from New Look kids and have worn to DEATH, they've done me proud and seen me through six (!) summers, but I think it's finally time to move on. These have the perfect wedge for me, I'm not one to wear heels during the day but I like a little height in my daily sandals and boots and these are perfect. While black is my go to colour through the winter, I don't think you can beat a lovely tan brown sandal when the sun comes out. 


So that wraps up my excuse for buying three pairs of shoes and if you haven't checked out Shoeaholics you really need to! Plus you get an extra 10% off your first order and once you sign up they'll email you about loads of additional discounts just to tempt you even more!


Happy shopping!



1 comment:

  1. Those shoes are stunning, definitely going to check the site out thanks for the recommendation!

    http://ruebri.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete